calm breeze

Thursday, April 18, 2013

National Poem in Your Pocket Day

Many know that April is Poetry Month.  Classrooms  across the country are in the middle of poetry units (except for mine...we save that for May).  But did you know that today is National Poem in Your Pocket Day? 

My students and I are loving this.  We have selected poems to carry in our pockets today to share with five people....any five random people when the opportunity presents itself:  the lunch line; recess; dinner; soccer practice. 

Here is a great resource with some PDF files you can quickly print and share with your students.

http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/409 (look for Pocket PDFs for Kids)

As for me, my pocket is quite full today...Revenge of the Lunch Ladies: The Hilarious Book of School Poetry is my selection.  I plan on pulling this out multiple times today to regale any hapless bystander with some humorous lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment