calm breeze

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Quick Look at Problems of Practice

This week is the first week of my third (and final) course in the Educational Technology Certificate Program through Michigan State University: CEP 812: Applying Educational Technology to Problems of Practice In this class, I will be investigating ways a variety of technologies can be applied to problems relating to education and teaching. 

The focus of this week was learning exactly what 'problems of practice' are.  After learning about well-structured, complex, and wicked problems, I explored and browsed some digital technologies that have some promise in helping to solve well-structured and complex problems within my classroom.

Here is a screencast I created to share one of these technology tools, GoAnimate, and how I would integrate it into my teaching to support teaching and learning a complex problem within my classroom:


Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.
GoAnimate is free in its most basic form, but schools can purchase a subscription to GoAnimate for Schools.  I found the free version to be completely adequate for the needs of my fourth graders.  I cannot wait for my students to being experimenting with retells and sharing them with their classmates!

2 comments:

  1. To: Courtney Hansen, #Runner #Teacher
    From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

    Hello Courtney,
    Just a quick email to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter that will benefit you. (Ex: I am providing ‘Anytime’ #RT’s for all #Ironman #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access…) I know we can benefit from each other as I’m sure there will be some tweets of mine that you may consider #RTing as well. Those that #RT my tweets are always mentioned on #FollowFridays. I am currently following you now and am awaiting your follow-back…

    All the very best to you & your family for the rest of 2013 & beyond Courtney. Look forward to hearing from you…

    (PS. Courtney, should you follow back, I’ll be giving you a #FollowFriday #Shoutout this week Friday…)

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney, just testing out the comments here!

    ReplyDelete